Monday, February 6, 2017

Six Degrees of Separation

The #6degrees meme is hosted at Books are my Favourite and Best.

This month the chain begins with (#1) Lauren Groff's Fates and Furies. The structure of that novel reminded me of Into the Woods which was made into a very good movie in which Meryl Streep got most of the best songs. (I know, not a book.) Meryl Streep was also in the movie version of (#2) The Hours by Michael Cunningham. That novel was inspired by (#3) Virginia Woolf's Mrs. Dalloway which I loved so much I gave it a rare (for me) 5 star rating. I also gave 5 stars to (#4) Amor Towles Rules of Civility, which, like Mrs. Dalloway, focuses on the thoughts of one woman as she makes her way through the world. Also by Amor Towles I read the novel (#5) A Gentleman in Moscow which takes place almost entirely in a hotel. This leads me inexorably to one of my favorite picture books, (#6) Eloise by Kay Thompson, which is about a little girl who lives at the Plaza Hotel.



1 comment:

  1. I loved that you finished on Eloise (and how you got there!). I'm yet to read Gentleman in Moscow but it's on my list as I loved Rules of Civility.

    Thanks for joining in!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...